- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt the butter until it just turns golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the brown butter into the chocolate and stir until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the stout or other dark beer or cold coffee.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugars until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all of the ingredients are well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan before slicing.
- Slice into 12 large or 24 small brownies.
- To store, cover the pan in plastic wrap and keep on the counter for up to one week.
© Muskoka Brewery Inc.
Suggested Pairings: Serve a brownie with a robust style beer like a porter or stout. We are jealous you’re about to sample this.
What beer did you pair with this recipe? Let us know using the hashtag #CheersCanada.